Looking for Volunteer Hours?
Are you interested in earning volunteer hours at some kick-butt roller derby events?
Rideau Valley Roller Derby has several awesome events we are hosting in Ottawa this spring/summer. We’re looking to bolster our crew of solid volunteers for events on May 6, June 3, June 10, June 24, July 8, and August 19.
By volunteering with us, you’ll get to work with some great people, watch some of the games for free, learn more about the sport and our players, and be a part of what makes this city rock.
New and returning volunteers welcome. Must be 16+
No previous experience required, just a good attitude. We’ll show you everything you need to know.
We have several areas that we need help:
- Ticket Booth – Selling Tickets and giving out programs to audience members at the door
- Door/Ticket Taking – Ripping tickets and stamping hands at the doors to the arena
- 50/50 Tickets – Selling 50/50 tickets to audience members throughout bout
- Canteen – Selling food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Beer Garden (must have SmartServe) – Selling and serving alcoholic beverages.
- Merchandise Table – Setting up and selling RVRD merchandise.
- Music – Playing music off an iPod between jams and at half time.
- Crowd Security – Monitor crowd to ensure safety.
- Beer Garden Security – Ensure no one leaves the designated beer drinking area with booze.
Bonus: RVRD is a non-profit organization, and as such, volunteer hours with RVRD can be counted toward community service and required volunteer hours for high schools and universities.
As a small token of our appreciation volunteers who agree to 2 shifts will receive a super cool brand new RVRD T-shirt.
Email us at email@example.com if you are interested.